Over the next 20 business days I've cleared the decks of almost everything on my calendar, and I'm going to make 1,000 cold calls to promote our new 90sX: 90 Days to Sales Excellence program.
1,000 cold calls!
Is 50 calls per day...5 days per week...for 20 business days!
March 10th - April 4th!
Why am I doing this? Here are 10 reasons:
- I want to prove that cold calling isn't dead. Recently a few friends sent me an article on why cold calling is so "yesterday" and dead. They didn't buy it, and neither do I. It's all about social media, the author claimed...well, Baloney...still nothing like lobbing in an email and following it with a good ol' fashioned phone call. I'll be tracking results right here on the blog so keep coming back!
- I want to prove to myself (and to others) that I've still got the moxie, drive, tenacity, and pure guts to do it. Can the old dog still rise up off the porch and tear after the rabbit? Does Bennett still have the SWAGGER? Download Selling With SWAGGER Poster We'll see won't we?
- I want to prove the theories I spout in my book "Three Pairs of Glasses", when our main sales guy, Lee, wears the first pair, stays in the moment, controls his thoughts, and discovers he's truly fearless (if you haven't read it yet, not sure what's stopping you...here's a link...if you let me know beforehand, I'm happy to sign it for you)
- I need to grow our business and promote 90sX: 90 Days to Sales Excellence
- I want to prove my theory that focusing on one thing is better than focusing on 100 things. 90sX is now all we do...and it's where all our energies will be from here on out. Good news for me in this pursuit is we only have one "thing" to sell, so no custom proposals (always a bogus excuse for folks not to make cold calls)
- I believe in the postive mantra "I can't wait to start prospecting"...if you've seen my training you know I talk about how saying this each day before picking up the phone, totally changes your perspective
- I want to support my daughter Kaity Robinson in her first "real job" out in the world, selling advertising for CH2 Magazine in Hilton Head...she's a committed cold calling queen in the making and I want to support her efforts and do it with her
- I want to always empathize with people I train and coach. Very few sales trainers actually sell...they just talk about it. I've never been that way. And I never want to become comfortable in my latter years...
- In order to get you to join me in some form or fashion. If you don't need to make 1,000 cold calls, pick something else to challenge yourself on over the coming 20 days. Lose weight. Get in the gym. Stop drinking. Start drinking. Whatever works for you...pick up an oar and row with me into oncoming waves!
- In order to do something extraordinary, invigorating, exhausting, and exciting before my wife Rosemary and I go to Mexico for a vacation April 5th! Ahhhh those victory margaritas will be extra sweet!
Check in now and again on my progress and feel free to let me know what your challenge may be...
Starting Monday...I face the ageless foe...Call Reluctance!! Bring it on dude...I'm your huckleberry
"Don't just live...dent the universe!!" Steve Jobs